|First appearance||Wing Commander I|
The Exeter class Destroyer was a common type of capital ship used by the Terran Confederation in the mid 27-th century.
They were roughly triangular in shape. Exeters were classified officially as Destroyers, but were often referred to colloquially as battleships. They could carry a squadron of 18 fighters. The massive passenger-carrying spacecraft dwarfs its fighter escort resembling a swarm of mosquitoes buzzing around an intended target.
They were not particularly strong when faced by a massive starfighter ambush from the Kilrathi, and as a result pilots from other vessels often had to aid in their defense in such an incident.
Besides serving in planetary sieges, one-on-one ship battles, and amphibious assaults, some destroyers acted as transports for dignitaries and high-ranking personnel.
During the Vega Campaign, the TCS Formidable arrived to Kurasawa to assist the Terran Confederation sieges against the Kilrathi installations. It soon came under Kilrathi attack and was escorted to TCS Tiger's Claw.
While on its way to the Ymir system, an Exeter was attacked by Dakhath nar Sihkag, who however was downed by Confed pilots. At least one Exeter was among the Confed battleships that entered the Gimle system during the pushing into the Kilrathi territory as well as in Brimstone, preparing for the assault against Brimstone II.
Exeters such as TCS Perez de Cuellar and TCS Austin belonged to the Diplomatic Corps or their Honor Guard. They came to the Firekka system for the treaty conference about the Firekkans' membershp to the Confederation. TCS Trygvie Lie and TCS U Thant were under Kilrathi attack while in that system.
Known Ships Edit
- TCS Gwenhyvar (Falsified Name: TCS Johann)
- TCS Formidable
- TCS Perez de Cuellar
- TCS Austin
- TCS U Thant
- TCS Suffolk
- TCS Trygvie Lie
- CS Oregon
- CS Mitchell Hammock
- TCS Vindicator
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Claw Marks
- ↑ Mike Harrison, Wing Commander I and II: The Ultimate Strategy Guide, The Academy Years
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Kurasawa series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Chengdu series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Gimle series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Brimstone series (Mission 2)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Port Hedland series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Hell's Kitchen series (Mission 3)
- ↑ Mike Harrison, Wing Commander I and II: The Ultimate Strategy Guide, The Vega Campaign
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Venice series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Goddard series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series (Mission 1)
- ↑ Wing Commander I, Firekka series (Mission 4)